Do What You Love


I believe that most parents would like it for their children to go for the career path that has a clear view of a 'promising future' and plus with big salary. Well, my parents are like that and to their pleasure, I just started that type of a career they wanted me to have.

But I hate it. Or maybe I'm just not used to it yet?

It's the first time in my life that I don't feel the love in the thing I do. I may have complained all the time during my study days and my past career as an assistant architect but by the time I changed to the 'promising future' career, I realized that I actually enjoyed my previous job. Though I had overtime almost everyday and my salary was lower, I definitely loved those days way better.

I now realize that money can't actually buy you happiness. What's the point to earn more money but you have to wake up every morning feeling shitty to do things you don't enjoy doing. To me, it's not worth it at all.

Now that I'm living that life, I'm advising you, especially youngsters who are yet to start your working life, find something that you love first and strive to have that as your career, definitely not the other way around. I used to advise people that you just need a job and you can slowly love the job though you don't like it at first. No, I find it's so hard to try to love your job.

But of course, though it's hard, we really should make an effort to try to love the job we're working on and that's what I'm currently trying to do. Since it's our responsibility, we also must do our job diligently with integrity no matter how much we hate it. Hopefully, we'll be fine and start enjoying the work we love in the future, eventually.

And that's the end of me complaining on my current life as the first post after so long hiatus teehee.

Till then,
Lya.

Post a Comment

18 Comments

  1. Untuk semua pekerjaan yang pernah dilakukan..paling suka jadi volunteer di Petrosains walaupun gaji RM5 sejam je.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buat benda yang kita enjoy memang rasa seronok dan lebih ikhlas walaupun gaji tak seberapa kan :)

      Delete
  2. "I now realize that money can't actually buy you happiness." Thats true. I think u should find your real career and make it happen. But u need take risk. Not all our choosen are right for our journey life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, for example my current job. I decided to accept the offer because I thought I'll like it. It's a risk I took without knowing the details of the job. Trying my best though. Wish me luck :)

      Delete
  3. HHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAA bertabahlah wehh. insya allah aku sentiasaa tau doakan hang selesaa dkt situ. aimin yeah, selesa lah. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm amin moga doa kau dimakbulkan huwaaaa

      Delete
  4. I do hope you can switch to something you'll love. You're such an inspiring person so to have you doing things you don't like might take a toll on yourself. I know we have to please our parents but today's world isn't anything like before.

    By the way, your writing have improved like so much now. I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But today's world where money is (almost) everything so yea. I just keep the faith that time will heal and I'll eventually love my current job one day. Currently, still in process hihi.

      Thank you for the compliment :)

      Delete
  5. 'money can't actually buy you happiness" - so true. Siqah harap Lya boleh berubah kepada pekerjaan yang Lya suka. Agak payah juga sebenarnya untuk buat kerja yang kita tak suka. Maybe, you should hold on a little bit. Kalau tak boleh tahan juga, bolehlah terus terang dengan ur parents and cerita apa yang Lya mahukan. InsyAllah, they'll understand.

    Good luck in everything you do Lya <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, I'm currently trying, hopefully time will heal and Lya akan suka with my current job. Thanks for the kind wish Siqah, I needed it :)

      Delete
  6. I've realized this like years ago, which is why I choose a different path, which is lesser in pay and even my dad thinks I'm crazy for that particular moment, at least I'm happy now.. What is much more important than being happy, honestly?

    But whatever you're facing right now, all the best to you, dear.. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's lucky that you went thru this incident at an early stage whereas I think mine is quite difficult to change the route :'( but yea, thanks for the encouraging wish, hopefully I'll do just fine over time :)

      Delete
  7. Iday baru je berhenti kerja sekarang, padahal dah lebih 3 tahun kerja. I love the job tapi ada isu dengan orang dekat situ. Dia buat kita tak semangat and hilang suka dekat kerja tu. Takpe la, maybe ada rezeki lain dekat tempat lain. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, environment tempat kerja sangat penting untuk kita selesa nak kerja. You did the right thing Iday :)

      Delete
  8. In my opinion, I think what you need is a little bit of time. It's a tough journey at first, but you'll slowly like what you're doing (kot?). I wish you all the best in your career and life Lya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it's what I'm currently trying, like really put an effort in trying. Hopefully everything will be worth it. Thanks for the kind wish, Syed :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Lya pulak yg rindu nak menganggur hihi.

      Delete